Friday, March 18, 2011

Vacations

There have been many memorable family vacations over the past seventeen years.  Adventurous spirits like adventurous vacations.  Looking back, some of Grant's favorites were Lake Tahoe (summer and winter), the Bahamas, Hawaii, a Mexican Riviera cruise, Estero Beach Mexico and Cozumel.  All of these destinations offered unique experiences and memories that should last a lifetime.  My personal hope is that these travels have sparked an interest in the world at large.

Our most recent trip to Cozumel was memorable due to a diving expedition.  This island is known for its diving and beautiful reefs.  I must say I was a very nervous mother.  The preparation for an ocean dive consisted of a brief pool instruction followed by the ocean dive.  How can someone learn all of the nuances of diving in a crash course (in a pool, nonetheless)?  I had to take many deep breaths and visit the Margaritas.

Travel has always brought me personal joy and my hope is for my son to seek future travels with an eye on adventure. 

Photo above of Grant and dad in the beautiful waters of Cozumel.

No comments: