Saturday, February 19, 2011

Danielle

This past year with Grant has been filled with many great memories. From dinners at his house and mine, go-karting, Chinese food, McDonald’s cookies, ice skating with friends, and giving my dog Max a bath, one of Grant’s favorite things to do. All of these times have left lasting memories and one that sticks out the most is when Grant made dinner for not only me, but my family too. On a Sunday night when my mom was sick Grant found the perfect time to get her out of the kitchen and finally make dinner for all of us. He had always said he was a great cook and it was time to see if he lived up to all his talk. He came over with his groceries and his homemade salad dressing. On the menu was salad and chicken cacciatore. After cooking the chicken, making the sauce, and cutting the vegetables for the salad, he plated everyones dish like we were in a restaurant. We all sat down to eat and everything Grant had bragged about was true, his food was delicious. Then to top it off he made us bananas foster for dessert.  It was the perfect ending to the meal. My mom, her fiancĂ©, and even my brother, who never eats anything, loved the meal and told him he was welcome to cook for them anytime. It was such a great dinner and it is something I always remember because it was so sweet of him to bring all the food and cook dinner for everyone. It’s those kinds of memories that stick with me and remind me how thoughtful and kind Grant is.

Love,
Danielle

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What I hope for in my son, and wish for my daughter (in like 10 years)...

Betty Garrity said...

It must be something in the name Al. And not in 10 years...but in two or three!